Saturday, July 18, 2009

The rocky road to Brazil....





Well the day started off early (hence the tired looks on our faces) at 5:30am heading to Houston to catch Ben's morning flight to Miami. I followed leaving Houston that evening at what was supposed to be a 6pm flight, but that ended up leaving 7:45pm due to a bad storm that hit while we were waiting to take off. That was going to make me miss my connect with Ben in Miami to Rio, but turns out that our flight was canceled entirely, so Ben was waiting at the gate for me when I arrived with hotel and food vouchers in hand.

So here we are in the airport hilton eating room service and trying figure out which flights we are going to try to book from Rio to Porto Alegre since we are now going to miss those connects tomorrow. Ugh!

Best case, we arrive in PA late, late Sunday night. Wish us luck!

It has been a rough start to our journey, but we are both happy to be together finally!! :)

No comments: