Monday, July 20, 2009

We made it!

We made it to Porto Alegre late last night with no problems. Our hosts, Lu and Geert, were kindly waiting for us at the airport upon arrival to take us to our hotel. The weather here is amazing. I could really get used to what they call "winter" here. It is so cool and refreshing.

Today Ben went to Dell and I toured around our part of the city on my own. I will go visit Dell tomorrow. He says it is a smaller campus that Round Rock. They have free bus service to and from the office and free breakfast and lunch. How nice is that? Many of the offices are in portables, like many junior high school's in Texas. I will take some pictures tomorrow to show.



This is na pic of the park I had lunch in today. Very nice. I picked up some picnic items at a local market and spent some time wandering around the city. We are in a REALLY nice area with much shopping and cafes and pubs. I think we are gonna like it here. Ha!





Here is a pic of the city from out of our hotel window.



We went to A Lenha Pizzeria for dinner this evening. It was very good. We are both pretty tired still and drinking lots of water...and beer to stay hydrated! :)

No comments: